THE SECRET IS IN THE STEAM
The secret to a great press is plenty of steam (and a great ironing board), and with the IronMaven J490A, you have plenty of it at your fingertips -- almost an unlimited supply with the Continuous Fill system. In addition, the J490A features an anti-calc warning system and steam volume control. This is certainlay a professional home-use iron and perfect for whom only the best will do.
USE WHAT THE PROFESSIONALS USE
Made in Europe, using the best components available, when you hold the iron in your hand you'll appreciate the exceptional quality. With so much steam available at your fingertips, ironing time is dramatically reduced.
- Fast 5 minute heat up time
- 50 PSI operating pressure
- Lightweight 3.1 lb. iron
- Locking mechanism for continuous steam
- 18/19 stainless steel tank
- Use regular tap water w/Anti-Calc System
- Steam volume control
With CSS you will never run out of steam in the middle of ironing again. Simply refill the removable water tank when the water level is low and away you go.
|REMOVABLE WATER TANK|
The J490A does not use a conventional fill / pressure cap. Instead, a removable water container snaps out so you can take it to your sink for convenient refilling.
The J490A has a unique anti-calc warning system that beeps when it is time to clean the steam tank. Each unit is supplied with two strips of litmus paper so you can check the hardness of your water.
|EASY TO USE PANEL|
An easy to use panel on the J490A gives you total control of its functions, including steam volume, low water indication and much more.
|PROFESSIONAL CORK HANDLE|
Like all of Reliable's IronMaven ironing stations, they use only natural cork for their handles. Cork is still the #1 choice for professionals because of its resistance to heat and longevity.
The J490 uses an easy to clean aluminum soleplate with holes at the tip for maximum steam penetration. Additionally, Reliable does not use any "400-hole Microsteam" gimmicks. The professionals know that you first point the steam (which is why a few steam holes are located at the tip of the iron) and then dry the steam with the remaining portion of the soleplate. If there were holes on the end of the sole plate, you would always leave steam in the garment, thereby allowing wrinkles to reform. To maximize the evacuation of steam for an even more incredible press, we highly-recommend using our Vacuum Ironing Board.
|MADE IN EUROPE|
Made in Europe with strict attention to quality components and construction. Designed to please aesthetically and to go beyond expectations for performance.
The Hanger Project Difference
Through collaboration with renowned tailors, dandies, and men of style, Kirby Allison has created the world's first collection of luxury wooden hangers. No longer must the well-dressed live frustrated at closets plagued by cheap wooden or plastic hangers. Garments not longer have to limp through life from one cheap hanger to another.
Stop ruining great clothes with cheap hangers! Kirby Allison literally created the new standard in Luxury Wooden Hangers back in 2007 with the publishing of No More Wire Hangers in the Wall Street Journal where The Hanger Project was declared an "Enthusiastic Best Overall."
What separates Kirby Allison's Hanger Project from other companies is the fact that this small business is still directly run by Kirby Allison himself. Just "click to chat" or call the office to speak to Kirby Allison himself. Ever item selected for this website was hand-picked by Kirby and is a product of his unique passion for classic elegance and fine living.
Several unique design characteristics help protect your investment in your wardrobe:
- Multiple Widths. One size does not fit all when it comes to your clothing, and this is especially true when it comes to your hangers. Garments spend more time on hangers than they do being worn, and a properly fitting hanger is essential to avoid limp garments and dimpled shoulders.
- Opulent Shoulder Support. All hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project, especially the Men's and Women's Suit Hangers, feature opulent shoulder support necessary to eliminate shirt dimples and shoulder collapse. The 2.5" Shoulder Flare featured on our Men's Suit Hanger is 5x larger than average!
- Felted Trouser Bars. Felted trouser bars are utilized to prevent the creasing across the legs typically caused by locking bar hangers. Creased trouser make even the finest slacks look cheap.
- Solid Maple Wood. All Kirby Allison hangers are constructed from premium maple wood responsibly harvested right here in the United States. The wood features a rich, beautiful wood grain that showcases and honors your garments.