Our Luxury Wooden Travel Hangers are designed to take the best possible care of your clothing when space constraints do not allow for our larger Luxury Wooden Suit Hangers and their 2.5" premium shoulder flares, which can consume considerable closet room. For all of our customers in New York, we could have called this the "New Yorker" because it is equally perfect for use at home in smaller closets as on the road when traveling.
Our Wooden Travel Hanger is constructed to the same high-standards of our entire collection of Luxury Wooden Hangers. Made from premium birch wood, it is available in an unprecedented four widths and features a fully-contoured 3/4" thick profile, 50% larger than comparable wooden travel hangers. The Felted Trouser Bar securely grips trousers in place without causing the typical crease of an ordinary locking trouser hanger bar (it actually does a better job securing trousers).
To make travel with this hanger even easier, we utilize a special "square hook" that is more comfortable when held, as is often required when toting one's suits through the airport. Our Travel Hangers are the perfect companion to our Luxury Garment Bags.
However, if used as an at-home hanger only, the square hook performs just as well as our standard hook. The hook is secured with a "ring hook," which ensures that it will not strip out or unscrew. These travel hangers are guaranteed to last a lifetime.
Why Luxury Wooden Hangers? Your clothes inevitably spend more time on your clothes hangers than they do on your shoulders. Without question, if you want to protect and extend the life of your jackets, protecting their natural shoulders and tailored drape, you must hanger them on a properly-sized hanger that provides ample shoulder support. Our Luxury Wooden Suit Hangers with their four sizes and 2.5" shoulder flares offer unprecedented support. However, when space is a constraint, our Luxury Wooden Travel Hangers take care of the job. Don't let a few dollars be the reason you one day discover your favorite jacket has gone limp.
The below is an approximate sizing guidance. We size our wooden hangers by the shoulder measurement; although chest measurements (a suit's size) is a good approximation, they are not perfect. To ensure proper fit, it is best to measure one's jacket. For more detailed sizing guidance, please refer to these instructions.
- 15.5" Small Wooden Suit Hangers: Chest sizes 40 and below
- 17.0" Medium Wooden Suit Hangers: Sizes 41 to 44
- 18.5" Large Wooden Suit Hangers: Sizes 45 to 48
- 20.0" Extra-Large Wooden Suit Hangers: Sizes 50+
The Hanger Project Difference
Through collaboration with renowned tailors, dandies, and men of style, Kirby Allison has created the world's first collection of luxury wooden hangers. No longer must the well-dressed live frustrated at closets plagued by cheap wooden or plastic hangers. Garments not longer have to limp through life from one cheap hanger to another.
Stop ruining great clothes with cheap hangers! Kirby Allison literally created the new standard in Luxury Wooden Hangers back in 2007 with the publishing of No More Wire Hangers in the Wall Street Journal where The Hanger Project was declared an "Enthusiastic Best Overall."
What separates Kirby Allison's Hanger Project from other companies is the fact that this small business is still directly run by Kirby Allison himself. Just "click to chat" or call the office to speak to Kirby Allison himself. Ever item selected for this website was hand-picked by Kirby and is a product of his unique passion for classic elegance and fine living.
Several unique design characteristics help protect your investment in your wardrobe:
- Multiple Widths. One size does not fit all when it comes to your clothing, and this is especially true when it comes to your hangers. Garments spend more time on hangers than they do being worn, and a properly fitting hanger is essential to avoid limp garments and dimpled shoulders.
- Opulent Shoulder Support. All hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project, especially the Men's and Women's Suit Hangers, feature opulent shoulder support necessary to eliminate shirt dimples and shoulder collapse. The 2.5" Shoulder Flare featured on our Men's Suit Hanger is 5x larger than average!
- Felted Trouser Bars. Felted trouser bars are utilized to prevent the creasing across the legs typically caused by locking bar hangers. Creased trouser make even the finest slacks look cheap.
- Solid Maple Wood. All Kirby Allison hangers are constructed from premium maple wood responsibly harvested right here in the United States. The wood features a rich, beautiful wood grain that showcases and honors your garments.