Available in THREE FINISHES
Our Luxury Men's Suit Hangers preserve the tailor-made shape and drape of your suits and extend their life by providing *essential* support – support that makes a meaningful difference in how your suits look each time you put them on. Five-times more support than average hangers, to be exact!
Three Finishes Now Available
Our Traditional Finish is constructed from solid birch wood using high-gloss finish, brown flocking and brass hardware.
Natural Maplewood Finish is constructed from USA Maple Wood using a satin finish, black flocking and chrome hardware. The maplewood features a beautiful woodgrain with deep marbling. Because of the cost of maplewood, this is a premium finish.
Alfred Finish is constructed from European beechwood using a satin finish, black flocking and chrome hardware. Beechwood is characterized by being slight heaver in weight and specking
Luxury Suit Hanger Features
When it comes to keeping your tailored suits looking great, shoulder support is essential. The Hanger Project collaborated extensively with bespoke tailors to create the perfect hanger.
Four available widths: 15.5", 17.0", 18.5", and 20.0" ensures your wooden hanger extends all the way to the shoulder, but note past.
- A 2.5" Shoulder Flare, 5x wider than average, provides opulent shoulder support, thereby preventing collapsed shoulders. Two-inch or smaller shoulder flares are not adequate.
- A Felted Trouser Bar ensures your trousers never crease or slide off of the bar.
- Four-piece construction allows for the perfect contour not allowed by normal two-piece construction.
- Our moderate shoulder slope ensures that the jacket will not slide down the hanger, which prevents collar distortion. The shoulder slope on most ordinary hangers slope too dramatically.
Experience the distinction of luxury wooden suit hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project and you'll never go back to cheap clothes hangers.
The below is an approximate sizing guidance. We size our wooden hangers by the shoulder measurement; although chest measurements (a suit's size) is a good approximation, they are not perfect. To ensure proper fit, it is best to measure one's jacket. For more detailed sizing guidance, please refer to these instructions.
-15.5" Small Wooden Suit Hangers: Chest sizes 40 and below
-17.0" Medium Wooden Suit Hangers: Sizes 41 to 44
-18.5" Large Wooden Suit Hangers: Sizes 45 to 48
-20.0" Extra-Large Wooden Suit Hangers: Sizes 50+
The Hanger Project Difference
Through collaboration with renowned tailors, dandies, and men of style, Kirby Allison has created the world's first collection of luxury wooden hangers. No longer must the well-dressed live frustrated at closets plagued by cheap wooden or plastic hangers. Garments not longer have to limp through life from one cheap hanger to another.
Stop ruining great clothes with cheap hangers! Kirby Allison literally created the new standard in Luxury Wooden Hangers back in 2007 with the publishing of No More Wire Hangers in the Wall Street Journal where The Hanger Project was declared an "Enthusiastic Best Overall."
What separates Kirby Allison's Hanger Project from other companies is the fact that this small business is still directly run by Kirby Allison himself. Just "click to chat" or call the office to speak to Kirby Allison himself. Ever item selected for this website was hand-picked by Kirby and is a product of his unique passion for classic elegance and fine living.
Several unique design characteristics help protect your investment in your wardrobe:
- Multiple Widths. One size does not fit all when it comes to your clothing, and this is especially true when it comes to your hangers. Garments spend more time on hangers than they do being worn, and a properly fitting hanger is essential to avoid limp garments and dimpled shoulders.
- Opulent Shoulder Support. All hangers from Kirby Allison's Hanger Project, especially the Men's and Women's Suit Hangers, feature opulent shoulder support necessary to eliminate shirt dimples and shoulder collapse. The 2.5" Shoulder Flare featured on our Men's Suit Hanger is 5x larger than average!
- Felted Trouser Bars. Felted trouser bars are utilized to prevent the creasing across the legs typically caused by locking bar hangers. Creased trouser make even the finest slacks look cheap.
- Solid Maple Wood. All Kirby Allison hangers are constructed from premium maple wood responsibly harvested right here in the United States. The wood features a rich, beautiful wood grain that showcases and honors your garments.