The Saphir Medaille d'Or Mink Oil conditioner is formulated from 100% pure, refined mink oil to provide deep, significant conditioner to smooth leather. Its pure formulation allows it to penetrate deep into the leather to hydrate, condition, and soften. This is an incredible product that is a new staple of luxury shoe care. The Saphir Mink Oil is perfect for occasional, deep conditioning.
Due to to the pure formulation, the Mink Oil does not leave a greasy residue like normal mink oil creams or dubbin. For best results, apply sparingly using a clean cotton chamois and allow the leather to absorb the mink oil for at least 5 to 10 minutes. The longer the better, as it will only increase the amount of nutrients that are absorbed into the leather (as long as overnight).
How to Use
The Saphir Medaille d'Or Mink Oil should be used as an occasional deep conditioner prior to your normal shoe care routine. It should not be applied to areas which you desire to produce a high-shine (such as the toe and hind quarters) as the slightly greasy nature makes it difficult for the leather to take a high-shine.
- Prepare leather by cleaning any dust with damp chamois.
- Apply a light coat into the leather using a cotton chamois, massing excess into the leather until residual disappears. Less is more.
- Allow leather to absorb mink oil for at least 5-10 minutes and long as overnight.
- Buff off any residual using a horsehair shoe shine brush.
- If leather requires additional nourishment, apply a second coat.
- Once leather has fully dried, polish as normal using Saphir Medaille d'Or Pommadier Cream Polish.